Tuesday, January 29, 2008

10 Days and Counting

In case you haven't realized, we're getting married next Friday. Yahoo! And if you can't tell, I'm totally excited. The stress level has dropped--just a little--and we have most things under control at this point. We have a few last minute items to take care of, but other than that, we are done with the wedding plans (and that may be the best news of all). And, we were able to get the parentals off on their Hawaiian getaway. So, while they're sipping coconut milk and hula dancing, I'm home finishing the last of the wedding planning . I just hope they don't come back too tan--I don't want them to to look better than me on my wedding day :)

In other good news, we have moved all of our stuff into our new apartment. In fact, Chris is living there as of last week. We were able to get all of our furniture and all of Chris's personal belongings moved in, so now all we have to do is move my clothes and personal stuff, and we'll be set. It's so fun to have our own place, but it's also a little weird. Sometimes it's hard for me to really grasp the fact that we're going to get married and that we're going to live with each other. I've been living the single life for so long now, I almost don't believe that things are going to change. But, that doesn't mean that I'm not totally stoked to do so. I can't wait to have Chris as my roommate (and my husband, of course)!

Here's hoping that the next 10 days fly by!

12 comments:

Shelly said...

Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog! And what a perfect time to start! I can't wait to hear all about your new experiences, your first post-marriage fight, how wonderful and frustrating it is learning to live with someone! :) So fun. Post often and be SURE to put up a pic of your new place and TONS of pics from your wedding! Wish I could be there! Good luck with everything! Love ya!

Melissa said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I'm so excited for you and Chris! You guys seem so happy together, and you definitely deserve that. I can't wait to see pictures of the wedding!

Keri West said...

Yeah! Welcome to the blog world! I'm so excited to check in on the new Helmantoler family! I'm sorry I'm not going to be able to make it up for the wedding, but I can't wait to see your pictures! :)

~Amber~ said...

Well its about time you get a blog! Now I can always check up on you!!!

Melissa said...

Hey guys- next week at this time you will be official!! I am so excited for the two of you!! Married life is so great. I am so happy that you are blogging now. I can stock you and see what you are up to!!

Kristin said...

Hey Court! I'm so excited you guys started a blog! It will be so fun to keep up dated with you two. Congrats on the upcoming wedding, only a couple more days to go!!! I love your announcement, it's so cute :) Love ya! Kristin

p.s. our blog is thetillmannfam.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Yeay! Congratulations again. I can't wait to see the pics of the wedding - I'm sure it will be the wedding of your dreams: when you marry the man of your dreams it's hard for the wedding to be anything less :)

All the best!!

Readyforadventure said...

Congrats!!! I cant wait to see you this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! We are so excited for you! Married life is great! I'm glad you have a blog! We just started ours as well... See you Friday!

Sherwoods said...

Courtney,
Hello! Heather gave me your blog and I would love to keep in touch. Congrats on the upcoming wedding (tomorrow I guess)! I wish I could be there. Good luck with everything and best wishes!

Amanda (Larsen) Sherwood

P.S. Our blog is jsherwood.blogspot.com

Kev and Aubs said...

Congratulations! I saw your announcement at my parents and am so excited for you. Found you through Melissa and just thought I would say hi!

Jen said...

Hey Courtney, it is Jen (Gilbert). I linked to your blog somehow. You looked so beautiful at your wedding!!! I am so excited for you two. THat is so funny that our husbands know each other too.