Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Police Beat

I love reading the Police Beat section of BYU's school newspaper. It always provides a moment of laughter and pure enjoyment. Here's one of the better entries in today's paper:

"Oct. 18: A female resident of Wymount Terrace called in a suspicious phone call in which a man made statements with the intent of hypnotizing the student. The student said she does not remember most of the conversation, but remembers she called him her master. Police say it is virtually impossible to hyptnotize someone over the phone."

Are you kidding me, people?! Seriously!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a great one. I never read these, but someone had one at work last week. So I was reading it. Anyway, there was one about a guy who was at Wymount, who was standing around looking suspicious. Turns out he was staying with his brother and forgot which house was his. I thought it was pretty funny.

Melissa said...

That's awesome- you gotta love BYU crimes!!

~Amber~ said...

Are you sure that wasn't an announcement.....?????

Mostly Them said...

#1 - only in provo
#2 - you need more to do at work!

Love it!

Jill said...

I remember reading those Police Beat columns when I went to BYU, that was the only interesting part of the whole paper! I wonder if I could read those on line? :)