Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Faith Renewed


Elder Richard G. Scott presided at our Stake Conference last weekend and shared wonderful insight and inspiration. He was very personable and very candid. He was also very sweet and soft-spoken.


At the end of each of his talks (Saturday night and Sunday monring), he shared the same testimony. I don't think it was a coincidence that he ended his remarks both days with the same words. He reverently bore witness of the truthfulness of the Gospel and he expressed the great respect he has for the mantle which he holds. He admitted that he feels just like an ordinary man, but recognizes that a wonderful power has been bestowed upon him by our Heavenly Father--a power that enables him to stand as a witness of God.


He then said, "I know that Jesus Christ lives...I know that because I know Him." What greater witness can you have than to hear an apostle of the Lord bear testimony of the divinity of our Savior, Jesus Christ?! We were truly blessed by his words and his example.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

We had Elder Holland come to our Stake Conference a couple of weeks ago and it was so powerful. I totally agree that there is no greater witness. On a unrelated subject, I LOVE that storage cabinet, I really want one too.