Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bump in the Night

About a week and a half ago, I started to feel little flutters in my stomach. I wasn't sure if it was the baby or not, so I decided to pay close attention to everything I felt, with the hopes that I could learn to decipher between the baby and other bodily movements.

Last night, I felt some more flutters, so I decided to put my hand on my stomach to see if I could feel the flutter on the outside of my body as well. Imagine my excitment when I could not only feel it inside, but I also felt the movement on the outside! I was so excited. So of course, I wanted Chris to feel it, too. Unfortunately, the baby realized what we were doing and decided to stop playing.

A few hours later, while we were laying in bed, I felt the baby move again. I grabbed Chris' hand and placed it on my stomach and told him to wait. A few seconds later, the baby moved and he totally felt it. The look on his face was priceless!

Here is the conversation that followed:

Me: "Did you feel that?"
Chris: "Yeah."
Me: "Isn't that so cool?"
Chris: "Are you sure you don't just have gas?"

Luckily, the baby moved a few more times while we sat there, so I was able to convince Chris that it was in fact the baby, and not my bowels.

7 comments:

Steph said...

This is priceless Courtney! I am so happy you can feel the baby now. What a special experience that you will never forget.. especially Chris' reaction!

Coach Lee said...

so exciting!

Anonymous said...

SO exciting I totally makes it that more real. However, once he gets bigger he might keep ya up all night :)

Melissa said...

Oh how fun!! Cherish every moment. Most of the time I am just counting down the days, but I have learned not to take being pregnant for granted. We are so blessed to be able to have children:) I am so excited for you. You are going to be such an awesome mom.

Unknown said...

haha. That is a great reaction from Chris. So funny!

Linnea said...

Hahha!! I love it, Courtney!
So excited for you. :-)

Ryan & Kasha said...

When do you find out what it is?:)