Cooper joined our family on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 at 12:23 a.m. He weighed 7lb 12oz and was 19in long. Quite frankly, he came sooner than expected--a week early, to be exact! The doctor told us on December 18th that we shouldn't plan on receiving a tax deduction in 2009; so we figured the little man wasn't coming until after the new year.
I woke up Monday, December 21st, and knew something was different. I hadn't slept well the night before, and was having pains that I hadn't had before. As I left for work that morning, I warned Chris that the baby could possibly be on his way.
I went to work for my last day and stayed until 1:00 p.m. By 4:00, I was having pretty intense contractions. Even though they were quite regular, they were only about 10 minutes apart. I called the hospital and they told me they would admit me once my contractions were 4-5 minutes apart. By 5:00, we were on our way to the hospital.
I was admitted by 5:30 and had my epidural within an hour. At 8:00, the doctor broke my water and two hours later, I was fully dilated and ready to push. I started pushing around 10:30, and the little man was born about two hours later.
Chris and I are in love with this little man! We think he is absolutely precious and we love being his parents!
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Cooper Michael Helmantoler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Oh my goodness Courtney! He is darling! How do I go about getting one with that much hair? I love it. It sounds like things went smoothly- and to have him early with your first is so lucky! Congrats!
He's so adorable! I love the ones with his hair spiked--so cute. I am just a little jealous, since my girls are 2 and still have less hair than him, but I am so happy for you. Congrats!! Let me know when you come down and we can have lunch sometime.
Look at that hair! I love it! He is so darling. Congratulations. What a beautiful time. It's hard work, no doubt.... but the blessings are countless. I just love, love, love the first few weeks of life. Enjoy it all!! Congrats again! Little boys are the best! :)
Court he is adorable!! Him and my new little guy have the same hair! Lots of it, dark and then curly when wet! Too cute! I am glad everything is going so well!
Post a Comment