Just when I thought cleaning couldn't get any better, I go and buy a steam cleaner, and discover a whole new level of cleaning satisfaction! Suffice it to say, I have found a new obsession--my Euro-Pro Shark Super Steamer!
I've always loved watching the infomercials that demonstrate the power and effectiveness of steam cleaning (I'm such a sucker for infomercials). So when Chris and I were shopping at BB&B with our wedding gift cards, I decided to splurge and buy something that I wouldn't normally buy. And I'll tell you what, my friends, that was the best purchase I've made in a long time.
I have been wanting to use my steamer for quite awhile, but I've never found the right time to do so. Our walls and baseboards have been in dire need of cleaning ever since we moved in, especially because our apartment was previously occupied by a family with 2 year-old triplets. I bet you can imagine the grit and grime that are present in the nooks and crannies of our home.
Well, in preparation for our ice cream celebration this weekend, I decided now was as good a time as any. After work last night, while Chris and I were enjoying a romantic dinner at home (okay, not really romantic), I told him of my plans for busting out the steam cleaner. Instead of sharing in my enthusiasm and excitement for cleaning, however, he decided to go camping with his buddy. Typical.
After doing the dishes, paying the bills, and switching the laundry, I decided it was time to pull out the steamer. I was a little apprehensive, mostly because I wasn't really sure what to expect and I didn't want to be disappointed if my results weren't as great as the ones they portrayed on TV. Honestly, I couldn't have been more pleased.
I am proud to say that I successfully steamed and cleaned the door and all of the baseboards in my bathroom (which, by the way, were the absolute worst). And to my joy and satisfaction, they are cleaner than I ever thought possible. It was like I had reached a new cleaning high! I am convinced that with a little steam and a quick swipe of a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, just about any surface can and will be completely transformed.
I awoke this morning with a new outlook on cleaning, and smiled to myself each time I admired my work. I just can't wait to go home and do some more. I'm afraid Chris is in for a rude awakening when he realizes what I want to do all weekend :)
Friday, July 18, 2008
My New Obsession
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
i love you court! i have always wanted one of those things..but never wanted to spend the money!! its brings me back to the days of watching infomercials with you in our apartment! so fun!
Aw - too bad you couldn't convince him to do it. ;-) But I'm glad it actually works like the infomercial. That's exciting.
Wow Court. Only you! :) If I were to imagine anyone getting such a high of cleaning, and to want to do nothing but cleaning for the weekend b/c they think it's FUN!...yes. only you. If only we all loved to clean as much as you! :) You're funny....but congrats on your steamer! They do make things easier. Have fun!
Oh how I miss you courtney! I only wish we had you and the steam cleaner out here to clean up our gross, dirty filthiness of an apartment we've been living in! But I must say my heart sunk when I read of this ice cream party.... Even though it hurts my heart that I wasn't there--tell me more
I want to see before and afters! And here I thought steam-cleaning was for clothes.
Courtney, Hey you! I hope married life is treating you ok. I came accross your blog through Jill Pillings and I am so glad I did! I am finally finding out how everyone is. I miss the old RC Willey group! I would love to send you a link to my blog but you will have to email me because mine is private. My email is TSWILLARDSON@YAHOO.COM-I would love to hear from you and I hope its ok to link you to my blog. Talk to you soon!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/daftar-pinjaman-online-cicilan-bulanan-terbaik
Post a Comment