
As many of you may know, I have worked in an office setting for quite some time (11 years to be exact!). Over the years, I have had the opportunity to become familiar with various office supplies, and have definitely learned that the use of such supplies extends to more than just their intended function. Quite honestly, the possibilities are endless.
To prove my point, I would like to share ways in which I have utilized office supplies for fashion emergencies.
1. Glue Sticks: a run in your nylons. If you don't have any clear nail polish handy, just rub a little glue on the run, and it should hold for several hours. I suggest, however, that you use the glue stick in an inconspicuous place, because the glue will dry and leave a pasty residue behind.
2. Pens/Pencils: a bad hair day. Heaven knows I've had my fair share of bad hair days and haven't had access to a clip or a tie. Therefore, just pull your hair back, wrap the pen/pencil around and tuck tightly. Voila--instant updo!
3. Tape/Paperclips/Staples: fabric mishaps. I have used tape and paperclips on more than one occasion to remedy a loose hem. There's nothing worse than realizing that your pant cuff has come undone and one of your pant legs is longer than the other. Also, I suggest using a stapler to secure loose fabric, as well. Just make sure you don't staple the fabric to your skin. Ouch!
4. Permanent Markers: scuffed shoes. If you happen to scuff the toes of your shoes, just whip out a Sharpie. This works wonders on shoes of odd color, such as red. My red shoes look as good as new after a quick swipe of the Sharpie.
So, what fashion emergencies have you solved with random supplies?
Thursday, September 4, 2008
In Case of a Fashion Emergency
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I've learned from my years as administrative assistant that you should always have a stain remover of some kind and a couple of safety pins in your desk drawer. Never fails the day you have tomato soup it gets on your white shirt!
Post a Comment