
Yesterday, I decided to make some cookies to take to our neighbors to thank them for letting us borrow some of their syrup. So while I was doing the dishes, I sent Chris downstairs to return the syrup and deliver the cookies.
The next thing I know, he's yelling at me to come down. I turn off the water and set the dish towel on the counter and walk down the stairs into our backyard. As soon as I got into the neighbor's doorway, I saw what all the fuss was about...A NEW BABY GIRL!
Our neighbors decided to have their baby at home with a midwife (needless to say, I've been a nervous wreck since I found out a few months ago). She went into labor late Saturday night and had the baby around 3:30 a.m. The craziest part is that we didn't hear a thing! We were sure that we'd hear the poor girl screaming in pain, or the husband screaming for help, yet we slept right through it (even though she did confess to screaming a little bit).
The baby is beautiful and the parents are so excited. Here's to my brave neighbor who is Superwoman!
Monday, September 8, 2008
The Miracle of Life...In Our Basement
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment