As many of you may know, I love American Idol! I wouldn't say that I'm a die-hard fan, but I certainly enjoy watching it, and am thoroughly entertained by it. We usually have to record it because we're not home to watch it live, but last night was an exception. And even though it was nice to watch it live, I almost didn't like it as much--mostly because I couldn't fast forward through the commercials. However, I came to realize one of the greatest perks of watching the show live: VOTING!I know, I know--you're thinking that I'm quite silly for voting for a reality competition show, but I'm not ashamed. Chris laughed at me when I first told him I was going to, but that certainly didn't stop me. In fact, I voted and then continued to vote again and again (about 15 times!). But compared to the die-hard fans, my few votes probably don't mean much. For example, I work with a darling 64 year-old lady that votes AT LEAST 100 times a week! Now that's dedication.
By now, I'm sure you're wondering who I voted for. Must you really ask? Of course I voted for David Archuleta! Isn't he just precious?!

3 comments:
Courtney. Here's my advice. Record the show. Then start watching it as soon as it's over. Usually there are two hours to vote. That way, you can fast forward the commercials, and you can vote live WHILE you watch (during blah performances and while you fast forward commercials is ample time) and then it makes it easier to vote for people you like but didn't do so well that week, or give courtesy votes to those who aren't your fav, but you still want to see stay, cause the numbers are all right there. No remembering! and no wasted time after it's over, voting while you're trying to watch other shows or eat or whatever. :)
i love you friend! your post makes me smile! isnt DVR the greatest invention in the world.. mine has completely changed my life.. gary thinks i like it more than him... of course not true..
I have no shame. I vote at least 40-50 times per show.
I put my cell phone on speaker, and dial, connect, hang-up. Dial, connect, hang up. Etc.
I really like David A. Brooke W. Michael Johns.
I can't handle Syesha. Seems so spoiled and entitled. And such a freaking upstager.
Post a Comment